Monday, April 5, 2010

Orphan Breakfast

On March 26, it was Laura's birthday and I was lucky to have breakfast with her and Phil at Orphan Restaurant in East Sacramento (where Moxie Jr. used to be on C Street and 35th near McKinley Park). She told me about their $4 breakfast. It's 2 blueberry pancakes, two strips of bacon, and two eggs for $4.00. It's their 2+2+2=4. The restaurant is owned by Chris Pendarvis who also owns The Naked Lounge, downtown and Tupelo coffee in East Sac. It's a good thing I went when I did, because they were discontinuing the "Orphan Breakfast" at the end of March. I think they used it as a way to bring in new customers and now they figure that they are established. The food was delicious. They served the maple syrup in a Coke bottle. They also brew every cup of coffee one at a time; excellent, rich and smooth coffee. Thumbs up in my book.

1 comment: